Hi, my name is Francesco Zaffarano 👋
Since 2013, I have been working in digital journalism and audience development. I am passionate about all things media and innovation.
I am currently senior audience editor at Devex. Previously, I was the editor-in-chief at WILL Media, senior social media editor at The Telegraph, Instagram producer at The Economist, engagement editor at la Repubblica, and social media editor at La Stampa. Here’s my CV.
I am also the author of the Mapping Journalism on Social Platforms newsletter, and the curator of a directory of social media journalism accounts on emerging social platforms.
I have a BA in Philosophy from Università degli Studi di Milano and an MA in Interactive Journalism from City, University of London.
Some of my projects include:
- Building and leading the editorial team at WILL Media, a fast-growing, independent news startup focused on Gen Z and Millennials;
- Organizing a series of live events to engage with WILL Media’s audience directly and to connect with local and rural communities throughout the country;
- Developing the Instagram strategy for The Telegraph and doubling the audience in less than one year;
- Designing and producing new formats for Instagram Stories at The Economist;
- Producing multimedia and interactive longform journalism for la Repubblica and L’Espresso;
- Leading the production of social-first video series for Repubblica TV on Facebook.